Monday, December 6, 2010

Getting Political, Vol.I

I have been working with political themes recently, as a way to combat the monotony of boring and seemingly thoughtless work I am doing in school. These are just a few of the many I have been working on:


This is a design to be printed as a patch. It is based off of a lyric from a hardcore band I recently discovered, Trial, from their song "War By Other Means". The image is a photograph of a man being water-boarded during interrogation, a clear breach of human rights, but none-the-less, something our very own government employs when questioning suspected terrorists, homeland threats, political prisoners, and people they seek to obtain information from. The United States is a country that masquerades as a "goody-two-shoes" while secretly torturing and violating countless human rights in the name of freedom.


Patches will be approximately 7"x10".  If you would like one, they will be $5 in person, $7 to ship. 




The next design is something that I think about and experience through others almost every day - the inherent inequality of living in the United States. Even though I am a heterosexual male, I have countless friends who are homosexual. They should have all the same rights heterosexual couples currently have, and it is not a religious question, it is a matter of human rights. 


Depending on the cost to print this, the design will either be only black ink on a white shirt or black and red ink on a white shirt.


#1) Black ink on white shirt:

 #2) Black/Red ink on white shirt:
(Ignore the Apothem logo watermark, it will not be printed with the design)


Being a citizen in the modern day United States of America is a day to day journey of discovery, adventure, and questioning the world around one's self. As an art student/artist, lover of history, and a part of the hardcore-punk scene, I question life with an understanding for everyone and their views. Even if I don't agree with them, I still seek to understand.


Remember, as a human and a citizen, our job is to question the government, and at times stand up to the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment